Love yourself and others

February 11,2016-I spent the day visiting all my Doctors: Rheumatoid, GP and Dermatologist. First is was the Dermatologists to have a full body exam to see if there were any other spots to be concerned about. All clear. 🙂
Next it was the GP to discuss going over what all is happening and to check out my shoulder that is hurting since I heard a pop while lift a 25th cedar tree so I could get out the chainsaw that got stuck in it. He believes I snapped a couple ligaments so once I know what the results are from the PET/CT Scan we will have to address this issue.
Next it was a visit with my Rheumatoid: I instructed him that the Oncologist suggested I no-longer take Humira since Humira has been shown to increase the chance of cancer. The next issue that I have been having is slight shaking in my hands that might be a neurological issue and he wants me to visit a neurologists once I hurdle the Cancer issue and than we will also discuss alternative medicine to fight the Ankylosing Spondylitis.

Now all Doctors are informed and onboard with everything going on and my medical records are all updated with notations from the Dr’s.
Whew, what a long day, from 8:30 to 2:45 I was out running around South Austin meeting all the Doctor’s. I was wiped out when I got home so decided to have dinner and go to bed at 7:30pm. Dang Ankylosing Spondylitis just causes so much fatigue. I am so happy I am a Beachbody Coach and spent the first 2 years working my tail off so that I don’t have to work for corporate America.

February 12,2016- Happy Friday for most but today for me started out quite blah. First off, since I was so tired on Thursday night from seeing all my Doctor’s I went to bed at 7:30 and woke up at 9:50pm only to stay up the rest of Thursday night into Friday morning. I jsut couldn’t sleep. I was thinking of all the what if’s. What if the Melanoma has traveled into my body and attached itself to an organ or worse two.


IMG_0003Saturday & Sunday this week were spent very stressed out. I tried as much as I could to stay calm and relaxed but with the upcoming PET/CT scan on Wednesday morning relaxing was the best thing to do. I spent some time running around town to see my friends at the local sports bars I often visit with my best bud Benjamin Atlas aka #Bensays







February 15,2016-Monday

February 16,2016, Today was a rough one since it’s the day before my PET/CT Scan. I am extremely nervous. In preparation I had to follow a very strict diet that included just protein and vegetables. No fruits and sugars so I couldn’t have my Shakeology.Alt="shakeology"


February 17,2016-The day of the PET/CT. I woke up at 5:30 to get showered and to the Medical Center by 6:15am.

IMG_3600The first step was the injection of FDG and the subsequent uptake phase the patient alt="PET/CT Scan"should remain seated or recumbent and silent to minimise FDG uptake in muscles for approximately 30-60 minutes. I actually fell asleep and the time passed really fast.
Then it was time to have the 60min PET/CT Scan. It was actually very quiet and the nurse had to wake me up a couple times so I can change positions so that they could scan the top and bottom of my body.




After PET/CT Scan

February 18,2016- Well today is the day I should get the results from the PET/CT Scan. My fellow Beachbody Coach Mindy Hord came by my house to visit me. We have been best friends ever since I started as a coach with Beachbody.

This evening I was able to meet with my Beachbody Austin Council team to discuss details on Super Saturdays and monthly events to bring together all the coaches in Austin for fun and random activities. alt="Beachbody Austin Market Council"

February 19,2016. Today is the day for the PET/CT Scan results…

Share →

Leave a Reply